Anyone who bets on a regular basis knows that losses are part of the game. They seem to be inevitable, no matter how much effort you put into research and analysis.
Anything can happen, and all too often, you lose a bet that you were so sure of. This can be due to a completely unexpected turn of events, and we know from experience that this can be incredibly frustrating. But we’re going to let you in on a little something. There are ways you can make long-term stable profits.
The Secrets of Football Betting to Win
Here are some secrets that every football punter should know to win in the long-run:
1. Have multiple accounts with different bookies
Having an account with different sportsbooks can really help you make some extra cash. Not only can you shop around for the best rates, but there are also multiple benefits too.
For instance, you can compare the odds one bookmaker is offering against the others. This will help you find a value betting situation. You can even try your hand at arbitrage betting, where you bet on all possible outcomes with different sportsbooks.
And the best feature is that you will have more than one first deposit bonus. Not only will you have access to multiple free bets, but you can also use them to employ the matched betting strategy, which brings us to our next secret.
2. Matched betting
Matched betting is a highly underrated strategy that definitely deserves more credit than it gets because it involves pretty much no risk. All you need is a free bet.
Here’s how it works:
- First, you would need to back an option with a bookmaker. Let’s say you back Real Madrid to win against Liverpool at the Champions League quarter-finals. This is your qualifying bet, one that you need to make to receive your free bet.
- Next, with a betting exchange, you would need to lay a bet, meaning that you need to bet against an outcome. Here you bet that Real Madrid will lose against Liverpool.
- Make sure that the amount of money you receive from your payout and the amount of money you lose would amount to around the same.
- Since you have already made a qualifying bet, you just have to repeat this entire process using the free bet instead of your own money. This way, regardless of the outcome, you will make a profit.
3. Less popular events make more money
One of the only ways to make a guaranteed profit is through a value betting situation. Such a situation is one where you find that a bet is priced at less or more than what it is actually worth, due to a miscalculation on the bookmaker’s part.
If you do come across such circumstances, you can either lay or back a bet, and stake more money on the outcome and earn a big fat payout.
The problem is, bookmakers are almost always very good at what they do, especially when it comes to popular sporting events.
Chances are, they’ve been calculating odds for it for years now. But this is a lot less guaranteed when it comes to the more obscure sports and sporting events. The bookmakers will be so busy concentrating on the big guys, that they don’t give much attention to the small, less mainstream ones.
These markets are a goldmine for value, and all it takes is a little bit of research on your part.